Thank you for visiting the website of the North Dakota Public Service Commission. The Public Service Commission is a constitutional agency with varying degrees of statutory authority over abandoned mine lands, coal mine reclamation, electric and gas utilities, telecommunications companies, energy conversion facility siting, transmission facility siting, railroads and railroad safety, auctioneers and auction clerks, weighing and measuring devices, gas pipeline safety, and underground damage prevention.
To learn more about how the PSC affects the lives of North Dakotans every day, click here: A Day in Your Life
Watch/Listen to the Commission Live
The Commission typically meets in formal session every two weeks; special meetings are held to handle special or emergency situations.
Looking for an agenda? A calendar of events and agendas can be found by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
Miss a Meeting?
- Listen to archived PSC Commission Meetings and Informal Hearings.
- Looking for minutes from a PSC Commission Meeting? Click here for archived meeting minutes.
- Audio and other materials relating to a formal hearing/formal case can be found by visiting Case Search.
Hot Topics - Quick Links
- Summit Carbon Solutions CO2 Pipeline Project PU-22-391
- Basin Pioneer to Judson 345 kV Transmission Line Project PU-23-338
- MDU Natural Gas Rate Increase Case PU-23-341
- Otter Tail Electric Rate Increase Case PU-23-342
- Xcel Natural Gas Rate Increase Case PU-23-367
- Oliver Wind IV Project (PU-23-317) and Associated Transmission Line (PU-23-318)
- Basin Roundup-Kummer Ridge 345-kV Transmission Line Dunn & McKenzie (PU-23-361)
What's Going On...
Commissioner Randy Christmann, Chair (center)
Commissioner Sheri Haugen-Hoffart, (left)
Commissioner Julie Fedorchak, (right)
The PSC takes an active role in protecting consumers by ensuring utilities follow rules, including ones that relate to disconnection of service. Working with consumers to resolve disputes with utilities, and establishing fair rates and regulations. The PSC is constantly looking out for the interests of North Dakotans.
Latest News (To view archived news releases, please visit our Newsroom)
- 02/29/2024 PSC Recognizes National Weights & Measures Week
- 02/23/2024 Commissioner Fedorchak to Host Record Attendance at Winter Policy Summit as President of NARUC
- 02/06/2024 PSC Receives More Than 800 Consumer Contacts in 2023
- 02/02/2024 PSC Schedules Public Hearing for Proposed Transmission Line Project in Dunn and McKenzie Counties
- 01/16/2024 PSC Schedules Public Hearing for Proposed Transmission Line Project in Williams County
- 01/12/2024 PSC Schedules Public Hearing for Proposed Wind Farm Project and Associated Transmission Line
- 11/28/2023 Commissioner Fedorchak Elected President of National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
- 10/13/2023 PSC Receives High Marks on Federal Review of Coal Regulatory and Abandoned Mine Lands Program
- 09/15/2023 PSC Approves Summit Carbon Solution's Petition for Reconsideration
- 08/11/2023 North Dakotans Reminded to Call Before You Dig on National 811 Day
- 08/04/2023 PSC Denies Siting Permit for Summit Carbon Pipeline Project
Upcoming Meetings and Hearings
The Commission typically meets in formal session every two weeks; special meetings are held to handle special or emergency situations. The executive secretary's office prepares and distributes the agendas for these meetings.
Prior Meetings and Hearings
Upcoming Meetings and Hearings